Sunday, January 23, 2011

Cassoulet

Our January 2011 Challenge comes from Jenni of The Gingered Whisk and Lisa from Parsley, Sage, Desserts and Line Drives. They have challenged the Daring Cooks to learn how to make a confit and use it within the traditional French dish of Cassoulet. They have chosen a traditional recipe from Anthony Bourdain and Michael Ruhlman.


This dish took a lot of time. Was it worth it? Ehhh.....not sure. The taste was absolutely delish, fall off the bone goodness. But it took me a total of 5 days to cook it. And trying to cook in between those days made my brain hurt =) its complicated when you haven't done it before.

  

The recipe is several pages long, and if anyone really wants to try this...I can just email ya with it.  My family loved it, and I'm glad I made it when family was all around...it was a lot of food. Even with 4 eating, we had about 5 "lunch/leftover" containers. The kids even ate up their portions!

This was a more difficult challenge, and I hope the next few will be a little easier! =)

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Looks delicious, but I'd have to agree about the time thing -- if it's going to interrupt my life for a couple of days it had better be "to die for". lol ;^)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...