Monday, October 3, 2011

Mistaken Identity

Boy, do I have a funny story to share. Actually, it kinda shows you how much I DON'T know about cooking. LOL

Ok....so my parents went on this HCG diet and its meet and veggies. So they go to Costco and get these huge bags of mini bell peppers--yellow, orange and red.

We used them all one weekend while camping and I fell in love with them--so delicious. So weekend ended yada yada yada. So then I go to the commissary looking for these bad little boys...
...and I found a pile of little orange ones....so I thought. I grab a few handfuls and finish my shopping.
That night...i'm putting dinner together and I'm about to cut these up when my husband walks in. He goes "You know those are really hot peppers, right?" and i'm like "huh? no they aren't." he goes "go ahead, try a little piece in your mouth" and me, being so stubborn and all, put a few little seeds in my mouth to prove him wrong.

Well, I was the one proved wrong. It was a habenaro pepper. I had my face in a glass of milk for at least an hour. At some points I was crying it hurt so bad.

Point of this story? Look for a label, and give your husband credit every once in a while--it is possible that they know a little. =D

But come on...am I the only one that has done this??

6 comments:

Reccewife said...

haha! Ya, there are always so many peppers and I am confused which are sweet and which are hot... you are not alone ;)

Tina said...

Yea, reading labels are important. I know by experience also!
Next time try eating some buttered bread. That helps to take the burn away a little faster than milk.

Amy said...

My Husband read this and had a good laugh. Thanks for sharing this you gave me a tickle, hehe.

My Mom is notorious for blindly eating things at Chinese restaurants. This has resulted in the little red ones being eaten from time to time. There are tears of pain from her and tears of laughter from me, LOL!

sstone said...

Haha, we were eating out one time, and my husband had a long slice of pepper on his plate. It looked like green pepper, and I gobbled it up...It wasn't regular green pepper.:) I understand exactly how you feel.:)

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

lol! that has not happened to me...but I do remember mincing up a habanero pepper and one of the seeds on the cutting board flicked up and hit me straight in the eye - after stumbling around the kitchen and screaming several profanities my husband helped me to the bathtub and my flushed my eye out with cool running water for about 20 minutes...it was awful. But now looking back I think it's pretty hilarious :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...