I choose an easier recipe to start out. This pie has a very rich flavor, absolutely amazing. However, if you don't like eggnog, you will NOT like this pie. I used rum instead of vanilla flavoring and it added another level of flavor, almost a kick. A small piece was definitely enough!
QUICK EGGNOG PIE
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
3 tblsp cold water
2 cups commercially prepared eggnog
1 cup heavy cream, whipped
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla or rum flavoring [I used rum!]
1 (9-inch) graham cracker pie shell
Nutmeg for garnish
- Soften gelatin in cold water.
- Warm eggnog over direct low heat. Stir in softened gelatin, and continue heating until completely dissolved. Chill until partially set, then beat until smooth.
- Into stiffly whipped cream, beat sugar, salt and flavoring.
- Fold into eggnog mixture. Pour into pie shell.
- Chill 2-4 hours. Garnish with nutmeg. Serves 8.
"Like" CookBook Ladies on FaceBook.
Follow on Twitter.
View & Follow CookBook Ladies' Blog.
To purchase this cookbook, Go to Quail Ridge Press.