Monday, December 10, 2012

Guilty Pleasures: Sweet Potato Custard Pie

Another FANTASTIC delight from the book "Guilty Pleasures." I haven't been disappointed in anything that I've made so far! I can tell that this cookbook will stay out front in my cookbook collection.

SWEET POTATO CUSTARD PIE


1 cup mashed cooked sweet potatoes [I found this in a CAN--made the process much faster!]
1 cup sugar
2-1/2 tblsp butter, melted
2 eggs, separated
1 tsp vanilla
1-1/2 cups scalded milk
Pinch of nutmeg
1 (9-inch) deep dish pie shell or 2 (9-inch) regular pie shells

  • Mix potatoes, sugar, and butter; beat well. 
  • Add egg yolks, vanilla, milk and nutmeg; beat together well. 
  • Beat egg whites stiff, adding them last; stir well. Pour into pie shell(s). 
  • Bake at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees F for 20 minutes (deep dish may take longer).  [I used deep dish, and increased the time to 40 minutes and 30 minutes]
  • Test for doneness with a knife. Serves 8.




"Like" CookBook Ladies on FaceBook.
Follow on Twitter.
To purchase this cookbook, Go to Quail Ridge Press.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...